What is OAF
- Oracle Application Framework (OA Framework or OAF) is a framework developed by Oracle Corporation for application development within the Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS)
- Oracle Application Framework (OAF) provides visual and declarative approaches to Java EE development.
- The OA framework is also available to customers for personalization’s, customizations and custom-application development.
- The OA Framework helps to create self Service pages in Oracle EBS.
- The OA Framework helps in controlling the flow of the application.
- OA Framework works on the basic Java EE principles.
- To Learn OAF you must know the Basics of Java like Core Java.
- User Interface is Very Interactive in OAF
- OA Framework contains inbuilt security
- We can view OA Framework pages in mobile phones too which contains Internet browsing feature
- OA Framework is J2EE based but it also supports various standards like HTML, XML, SQL, JSP.
Necessary to use OAF In Oracle Apps:
The necessary to use OAF in Oracle applications is Integration, Security, and Customization.
Integration: Registration of Forms is easy.
Security: Flexibility reasons if we are using third party we don’t know when it is going to fail.
Customization: If we are integrating with third party customization is tough where as using OAF customization is little bit easier when comparing to Other Third party customizations.